Veterans, families, and teachers who want to communicate better about the unique
challenges that families face when dealing with PTSD, TBI, and other post-combat
- Tips for Parents: Navigating the School Year in a PTSD/TBI Household
- About Our Family: Help discussing your family with a new teacher
- What Does PTSD Look Like?
- How Does PTSD Change the Brain?
- PTSD Symptoms: Clinical vs. Real World Terms
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Symptoms & Tips for Working with Parents who Have TBI
- Secondary PTSD in Children
- How PTSD Impacts Children
- Communicating with a Parent who has PTSD or TBI
- Effective Conferences with PTSD or TBI Parents
- Helping Students Through Difficult Days
- Understanding PTSD & How to Make a Difference
20 pages of handouts
HOW TO ORDER
To receive the packet, you must click the link below. It will open a separate form.
All information on the form is required. After you have confirmed your
"subscription" to the list for our Parent/Teacher packet, you will receive an e-mail
with the download link. We WILL NOT use e-mail addresses from this list for ANY
OTHER reason then to communicate with you about this packet unless you give us
permission to do so. Our packets are not available for direct download because
keeping track of who is using them, when they're being used, etc., is extremely
important for our ongoing mission, grant writing, fund raising, and non-profit status
purposes (basically, keeping track helps us keep doing what we do!).
To sign-up to receive the Parent/Teacher Packet, CLICK HERE (a new window
Information for Parents & Teachers
|About This Site | Media Room | Contact Us | Site Map | Link Share | Spread the Word
If you have questions or concerns about this site, please e-mail us at Info -at- FamilyOfaVet.com.
Family Of a Vet, Inc., is a federally recognized 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
All donations to Family Of a Vet are tax deductible. For more information about supporting the work we do, CLICK HERE.
This page dedicated to helping Veterans and their loved ones learn more about PTSD & TBI.
FamilyOfaVet.com welcomes and encourages the off-line distribution of content from its website through appropriate channels but no use is granted without our specific permission. Please contact us by e-mail at Permissions -at- FamilyOfaVet.com stating the specific content to be used and place and means of off-line distribution. Webmasters, bloggers, etc., wishing to use a limited amount of content from our site for non-commercial, on-line purposes may do so as long as a backlink to our site is provided. © Copyright 2007 -
FamilyOfaVet.com / Family Of a Vet, Inc. All rights reserved.
PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), TBI (traumatic brain injury), Secondary
PTSD in Children, Effective Communication Between Teachers & PTSD/TBI